Conference Committees perform much of the work accomplished during the two years between Biennial Meetings. Member's expertise and ideas are needed on Committees. At each Biennial Meeting, lists of potential Committees will be posted for members to sign up for possible appointment. Emails and announcements regarding Committee membership may also be available on the website after the Biennial Meeting. Committee member appointments are made by the Executive Board to ensure that technical expertise, regional representation, and constituencies are balanced.
Committees are assigned to Councils depending upon their charges. Council Committees are "supervised" by Council Chairs. Also, Standing Committees may be constitutionally assigned to the Executive Board. Standing Committees are "supervised" by the Executive Director with the assistance of the Conference Chair and Vice Chair.
Committee orientations are held at each Biennial Meeting to review responsibilities and opportunities for members who wish to participate on Committees. Click HERE to access the most recent slide presentation given at the 2008 meeting by Dr. David McSwane (Indiana University) and John Marcello (FDA).
Conference Committees report their activities and findings in the form of Issues presented to the Conference during Biennial Meetings. Therefore, if you are looking for Committee Reports for even-numbered years, look for them in the Previous Biennial Meetings section of this website.
- Nominating Committee | Position Description | Reports
The Nominating Committee selects the nominees for Executive Board positions such as Conference Chair, Vice Chair, and Standing Committee Chairs for Board approval.
- Audit Committee | Position Description | Reports
The Audit Committee audits the Conference's financial records annually. It reports its results to the Board, except when a certified public accountant conducts the annual audit.
- Constitution & Bylaws Committee | Position Description | Reports
The Constitution and Bylaws/Procedures Committee submits recommendations to improve Conference administrative functions through proposed amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws. The Committee reviews proposed memorandums of understanding (MOUs) to ensure consistency among the various MOUs, the Conference Procedures Manual, the Constitution and Bylaws and other working documents.
- Issue Committee | Position Description | Reports
The Issue Committee reviews all Issues submitted in accordance with the Conference procedures before the Conference Biennial Meeting. It assigns accepted Issues to one of the three Councils for deliberation.
- Program Committee | Position Description | Reports
The Program Committee assists the Executive Director and Conference Chair in planning and arranging all Conference meetings. It helps the Executive Director prepare the workshop and other aspects of the programs for each Conference for Food Protection Biennial Meeting.
- Resolutions Committee | Position Description | Reports
The Resolutions Committee submits recommendations for resolutions related to Conference administrative functions and meetings. The Board reviews and approves the proposed resolutions before they are submitted to the Conference for action.
- Food Protection Manager Certification Committee | Reports
The Manager Training, Testing and Certification Committee reports to the Board (with Council II oversight) and works with the accreditation organization for food protection manager certification programs to:
- Establish and refine policies and standards to which certifiers must conform in order for them to be accredited.
- Provide Conference input into the development of accreditation standards for certifying organizations specific to food protection manager certification programs.
- Develop strategies for enhancing equivalence among food protection manager certificates issued by certifiers, and Promote universal acceptance of certificates issued by accredited certifiers.
- Strategic Planning Committee | Reports
The Strategic Planning Committee develops a strategic plan which includes better ways to market the Conference and proposes short-range and long-range strategic direction using the mission and vision of the Strategic Plan.
Other Board Committees/Ad Hoc Committees
From time to time, the Executive Board identifies a need for a specific project that requires a committee.
- Local Arrangements Committee | Position Description | Reports
The Local Arrangements Committee is selected from Conference Members who are located in the city where the Biennial Meeting will be held. It is made up of Environmental Health Agency members and Industry members who assist with the organization, administration, and management of the Biennial Meeting and its many associated events.
- Sponsorship Committee (ad hoc) | Reports
- Compensation Committee | Reports
- Publishing Guidelines (ad hoc) | Reports
Publishing Guidelines (ad hoc) for posting on website r for other media
- Listeria monocytogenes Intervention Committee | Reports
- Date Marking Coded as a Critical Violation Committee | Reports
- Inspection Form Committee | Reports
- Website Committee (ad hoc) | Reports
- Barrier Hazard Committee | Reports
- Critical Item Committee | Reports
- Food Recovery Committee | Reports
- TCS Food Implementation Committee | Reports
- Criticality Implementation and Education | Reports
- Electronic Reporting Committee | Reports
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Committee | Reports
- Food Contact Utensil and Barrier Usage Committee | Reports
- NVEAIS Committee | Reports
- Blade Tenderized Meat Committee | Reports
- Sanitizer Committee | Reports
- Cold Holding of Fish in Reduced Oxygen Packaging Committee - Extracted Issue 2008-III-020 (ad hoc) | Reports
- Hot Holding Temperature Reduction | Reports
- Video Content Committee (ad hoc) | Reports
- Interstate Shipment of Shellfish - Extracted Issue 2008-I-014 (ad hoc) | Reports
- Food Defense Committee (ad hoc) | Reports
Food Defense with FDA.
- Allergen Committee | Reports
- Recall Evaluation Committee | Reports
- Inspection Form Scoring Committee | Reports
- Reduced Oxygen Packaging Committee | Reports