The Executive Board manages the affairs of the Conference. The Board meets in conjunction with the Biennial Conference and usually in April and August between the Conferences. The Board directs the Chair, Executive Director, and Program Chair in the preparation of the programs for each meeting of the Conference. The Board guides fiscal and budgetary matters including conference registration and membership fees. The Board appoints Committees as necessary to accomplish Conference objectives. The Board approves the membership of each Standing Committee, Council Committee, and Biennial Meeting Councils.
The Conference Chair and Vice Chair are selected each Conference cycle from among the Board voting members. The Board is composed of twenty-three 23 voting members as follows:
- 6 members from State food regulatory agencies
- 6 members from local food regulatory agencies
- 3 members from federal food safety agencies - 1 each from FDA, USDA and CDC
- 6 members from the food industry - at least 1 representing food processing, food service, retail food stores, and food vending
- 1 member from an academic institution, and
- 1 member representing consumers.
Board members serve through three Conference for Food Protection Biennial Meetings of the Conference. The Board also has non-voting Ex-Officio members and an elected Chair and Vice-Chair. Standing Committee Chairs attend Executive Board Meetings.
The 2012-2014 Executive Board Roster lists the current members.
The 2012-2014 CFP Calendar lists the events leading up to the 2014 Biennial Meeting.